Building Healthy Communities (Local Level)
- Seva embraces an expanded concept of health, recognizing that spiritual and cultural renewal, economic self-sufficiency, and basic civil and human rights are as important to well being as medical care
- We are responsive to the changing needs and conditions of the people and programs with whom we work. By developing close relationships with local organizations and community leaders, we build trust, mutual respect, and cultural understanding.
Seva’s programs foster self-reliance and aims to reduce dependence on outside assistance. In the communities where we work, we share skills and technology appropriate for local conditions, assist local decision-making, and help launch projects that will become financially self-sufficient. This transfer of knowledge enables communities to care for their own, now and into the future.
Working Through Partnerships
We form long-term partnerships with those we serve. By developing close relationships with local organizations and community leaders, we build trust, mutual respect and cultural understanding. We honor the ability of communities to define their own solutions to the challenges they face.
We are able to provide these services due largely in part to generous donations, Additionally, we partner with other charitable organizations that assist us in providing essential life sustaining support to our community.
No one knows when the next tragedy will strike. It could be a natural disaster like an earthquake, a flood or a tsunami, or something personal and closer to home. That’s why AAANA Seva is prepared to help protect our community throughout ongoing, complex emergencies. On any given day, AAANA Seva’s disaster relief experts can be found responding to the needs of our community during these challenging times, providing essential food, safety, comfort and lifesaving care.
- AAANA Seva’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being our community. Ultimately, our goal is to help find durable solutions that will provide newly arrived or disadvantaged persons the ability to assimilate and integrate themselves into our community with dignity and peace.
- There are three solutions open to these individuals where AAANA Seva can help:
- Voluntary deportation;
- Local integration; or
- Resettlement to a third country in situations where it is impossible for a person to go back home or remain in the host country.